- electric furnace
- nounany furnace in which the heat is provided by an electric current• Hypernyms: ↑furnace
* * *noun: a furnace that is heated usually to very high temperatures by an electric current and used especially in industry for fusing alloys and refractory materials — see arc furnace, induction furnace
* * *a furnace in which the heat required is produced through electricity.[1880-85]
* * *electric furnace nounA device for getting very high temperatures by means of an electric current• • •Main Entry: ↑electric
* * *electric furnace,a furnace heated by electricity, usually to high temperatures, used for treating metals and alloys.
Useful english dictionary. 2012.